Advice for Landholders
Carbon Farmers of Australia has developed a unique offering in the carbon trading space. We have worked for 12 years straight with the one aim of ‘seeing carbon traded and farmers paid fairly for what they grow’. Now this is reality. We exist to empower farmers to make their carbon decisions from a position of knowledge and independence.
The co-benefits of Carbon Farming
Alongside Carbon Sequestration, The co-benefits of Carbon Farming include reduced erosion and soil loss, improved soil structure, increased soil fertility, reduced soil salinity, healthier soils, vegetation and animals, increased biodiversity, buffering against drought and greater water efficiency.
We de-mystify the Carbon Farming Initiative and trading in carbon credits so all can participate. The principles which drive our business model are as follows:
- Carbon Trading should be accessible for ALL farmers – We offer Plain English training farmers can understand.
- Farmers should be able to maintain their carbon right and sell to whom they wish, when they wish. Or indeed bank them.
- All dealings should be transparent and follow ethical disclosure guidelines – for example, in costs which will be incurred.
- Compliance in this market is complex, and needs to be managed. Carbon Farmers of Australia offers a service to manage compliance while the farmer maintains their carbon right.
- Knowledge of the system builds the infrastructure for farmer innovation – Carbon Farmers of Australia encourages full Farmer knowledge to facilitate innovation.
- Small and large landholders should have the same opportunities.
- Marketing to Regional customers is encouraged – keeping as much money in the Regional areas as possible. Many people and companies will be interested in supporting their local farmers. Localism relates to carbon as well.
- We are committed to keeping our farmers in touch and informed with the latest information and breaking news.
Carbon Farming Newsletter
Would you like to receive regular news and alerts about key developments in Carbon Farming direct to your inbox?
Sign up now and receive a copy of the original Carbon Farming Handbook – absolutely FREE!