This is a groundbreaking evolution of the 2018 Soil Carbon method. Remember, Australia is the ONLY country to deliver Paris Agreement compliant Soil Carbon credits. Let’s stay out the front!
Those who have been engaged with implementing, or attempting to implement projects under the 2018 method understand there have been some barriers. Complexity, cost, limited available activities.
The 2021 Method looks to improve on all the areas which have limited uptake till now. AND we have the backing of Minister Taylor to do this. He wants costs DOWN and uptake UP.
Carbon Farmers of Australia, AgriProve, NSW DPI, and the Soil Carbon Industry Group have ambitions to make this THE method that unlocks the ability for many Farmers to be paid for Soil Carbon increases.
To this end, we are jointly mounting a one-day, DEEP DIVE into the 2021 Draft Soil C method.
It will be in Orange, NSW on 16 June from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
This is a VERY targeted day, focusing on the issues in the 2018 method which made for limited uptake.
BUT, places are extremely limited (thanks COVID).
We have only 200 face-to-face places and 50 virtual places.
Therefore, we want to hear from those who have had some exposure to the barriers of the 2018 method and who think they can make a useful contribution to solving them, under the following headings:
- Adding more flexible allowable Activities to the method – e.g. do you have a product or service which has some Trial evidence (not just visual documentation) or other evidence which you believe has a good chance of improving Soil Carbon?
- Fundamental Eligibility – e.g. do you have ideas on what lands can/can’t be included, baseline periods, etc?
- Do you have ideas/methods to solve the key challenges of land eligibility, spectroscopy, sampling requirements?
- Do you have some ideas/methods that may help to solve some of the accounting challenges?
- Have you read Schedule 2 of the Draft and do you have ideas on how the protocol validation will work?
- Have you tried to work with any of the equations and do you have any solutions to make them better?
- Do you have any other contributions to make to the 2021 Soil Carbon Method?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, and are keen to take part in a one-off chance to influence this new method, please EMAIL or phone me and let me know:
- Your name and organisation
- Which area you believe you can contribute to and why.
Let’s make this the BEST method it can be – and I look forward to chatting with you.
Have you had exposure to any of the barriers to the 2018 Method?